Logo

Johnson 225 ocean runner

good01

Regular Contributor
Help, We ran out the other day and the engine ran perfect. Fished for a while and started our way in and the engine started to jump on the engine mount. It would do it about every 50 yards or so. Slowed down to about 1700 rpm and it went away. I don't know if it was a miss or something else. I had it looked at and was told my prop hub had spun. Had that repaired and was told they would sea trial the boat. They did not sea trial it. Paid the bill and went down to work on some other things. My son said I think we need to test the boat before we plan on going out, so we launched and went out. Boat is doing the same thing. When under way at slow speed it runs fine. Get up on plane and jumps like you have hit something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They replaced seals in lower unit plus prop hub.. Also water pump. What would I be looking for if it does change the way it ran.
Thank you

So found out today that the top of the number 1 piston ring gland is broken. So I guess a re-power is in order. Thank's for the help.

Back