Logo

Twin 150s issue

islandboy123

Contributing Member
hello I have twin 150s mercury. 2011

we just installed it back on the boat as I bought it used
now the problem I have is when driving with the waves or forwarding waves the motors seems to be forcing it self when I give it gas and the revs seem to go up and down by itself like something keep it back. Iis sounds like example if u was to tilt ur motors way up and then give it throttle u know that sounds it make as u know the motors are tilt up to much. I thought maybe at first it could strong current it can’t be. As I fish all day all over the place and it only happens when driving with the waves. If I go into the waves it runs perfect. In calm water it rides perfect. The waves was a lil ruff though
i tried all ways with the trim taps and tilt. But nothing made a difference
could it be something with wrong props? Something set up with the motors on boat? Or something with engines itself?

Are the anti-ventilation plates level with the very bottom of hull? Is your engine reaching WOT,if not your not propped perfectly

well not sure what is ventilation plates what is that?

well in calm flat water it drives full throttle straight and no issues or nothing at all. runs prefect , it is only doing this all the time when riding in forwarding seas, it does it sometimes in heading seas where it revs up high but not much.
i was wondering if maybe wrong props or pitch is on or maybe the motors need to be lowered or something else is wrong?

Back