Logo

merc stator and trigger ?

riptide2018

Hi

Need help!

On low buget so trying to buy used trigger and stator for my 96 merc 150
Stator is 398 9610 a33 40 amp 4 yellow wires
Trigger 96454

Have found many similar but just not sure..

Can buy for good price a 398 9610 a9
Trigger 96455a9

Not sure it will work. Or what other numbers may work a3 to a24 or any??

Have tried the merc catalog but can't seam to find the answer. Thanks for your time..

What are the symptoms? Do you have a DVA meter? On these motors it is often wise to diagnose first before swapping used parts. Certain components will wipe out others, causing a more expensive repair. I repair all my customer's motors with new CDI corporation parts, only after the other parts check to within recommended parameters. CDI has a free on line diagnostics manual.

What are the symptoms? Do you have a DVA meter? On these motors it is often wise to diagnose first before swapping used parts. Certain components will wipe out others, causing a more expensive repair. I repair all my customer's motors with new CDI corporation parts, only after the other parts check to within recommended parameters. CDI has a free on line diagnostics manual.

Lost spark in #2-6-5

Already checked trigger and stator with meter. Both off motor now. Just trying to find the right replacement on a budget.

Coils all good wires good.
Triggers insulation is crumbling to pieces. Leaving bare wires.
stator no reading between red to red/wht.. Or blue to blue and wht
4 yellows checked ok.

Last edited:
Try Tim's Outboard Hackensack Mn. They test parts if possible, before removal. They are the only ones I trust. Ask them when you call, what to expect with switch box too. Tell them Tim sent you. Thanks.

Just went and looked at a 93 175 hp
with low comp on 2 cylinder
part motor that runs with good spark. So cheep it would be worth
to buy it for the stator and trigger alone if it would work. Stator a19????
as far as visually it looks the same as my set up..
what does the last numbers represent?

Plz help!

Last edited:
Back