Logo

HELP installing stroked 5.7 in place of 5.7

kipper2

need advise on what i need to upgrade to make this run right any help would be appreciated I didnt pull motor out that was done a few years ago and the customer has no info or contact info for new motor that he purchased years ago

Ayuh,..... So long as the new motor is dressed in the accessories from the ole motor,.....

All yer doin' is reinstallin' the motor,..... period,..... Stroked or not, externally they're the Same,....

yep Im missing parts from old motor so being this motor is bigger (cubic in) should i buy diff carb to go on bigger intake or exhaust manifolds so this motor will breath or stick with stock

Ayuh,...... Again,... Donno what yer startin' with,..... exactly what is in yer pile of parts to choose from,.....

The carb could be retuned,....
The intake will work, 'n the exhaust will work,.....

It depends on the budget, 'n what's Wanted,....

Headers cost Thou$and$,....

ok thanks as of now I think i have everything except distributer plugs and wires not sure on what plugs to order. oh and no nuts or bolts to attach anything should also make this mpro time consuming

other than pulling off a head to see whats been done i have the numbers on head where would I get info I will need

Ayuh,...... If the intake manifold has 12 bolts holdin' it down,.....
Use AC Delco MR43T spark plugs,.....

If the intake manifold only has 8 bolts holdin' it down,.....
Use AC Delco MR43LTS spark plugs,.....

Back