Logo

1997 OMC 115TJEUC carb rejetting issue

sportsguy0629

Gents, I have the above engine (turbojet drive) and am rebuilding the carbs. (carb bodies 335829-ET). The issue I have is that the jets don't match what was purchased from an OEM parts supplier. Idle air orifice pulled out is #36. New one is #39.
High speed fuel orifice pulled #67C. New jet is #68C. Carb casting indicates 8/94 manufacture. (idle fuel orifice matches with #22) Set up is dual carb, V4 90deg 115HP. Please advise. Thx!!

You can look up your own parts specs on OMC SystemMatched Lookup & look at parts schematics. They list Turbo jets parts list. After checking that the parts you quoted are correct. 68C HS, 22 LS, & 39 idle air bleed. Not much difference in the .001 HS & someone might have just wanted to richen the idle some? Idle air jets have to make a bigger move to have an effect on the running quality.

You can look up your own parts specs on OMC SystemMatched Lookup & look at parts schematics. They list Turbo jets parts list. After checking that the parts you quoted are correct. 68C HS, 22 LS, & 39 idle air bleed. Not much difference in the .001 HS & someone might have just wanted to richen the idle some? Idle air jets have to make a bigger move to have an effect on the running quality.

Nice! Thanks a bunch. Thanks for the "OMC SystemMatched" info as well. I will have to dig around in there.

Back