Logo

water problem

Drm

Good Morning ALL
Just converted my third hand Honda 9.9HP electric start, from long shaft to standard shaft. New impeller and various parts
when she started, i got water from the tell tale hole (water pump working) but also water squirting from the extension housing joints and the small hole in the gear box casting at the rear just behind where the gear change rod is. This squirting gets worse when revved.
Can anybody help.
DRM

There is excessive leakage from your water pump, either the grommet that the water tube connects to the water pump house is swollen and not sealing properly, or not fitted correctly, or the water pump housing is not holding the liner properly. This could have been caused by previous dry running and overheating, a very common issues on those pumps. You need to inspect all components carefully.

Hi All
I have changed water pump body, new impeller, new gaskets, new bottom plate, tested with electric drill and still water coming up from around drive shaft.
How much water is supposed to leak from this place.
Old internal upper running face in water pump for impeller had 3 deep scores in surface this leaked
a lot of water, so water still leaking with all new parts I'm a bit mistified.
Any answers please.

DRM

Back