Logo

Force 50 2 cylinder no spark

JohnT1984

Hi all, writing from the uk, I have what I believe to be a 1992 Force 50 2 cylinder that lost all spark, coils and plugs tested fine, unplugged the kill system from the CDI and Still nothing, hoping somebody here has some electrical mechanical knowledge they wouldn’t mind sharing? Any help hugely appreciated, unplugged the yellow wires to the regulator and still no spark, this led me to believe the stator was at fault so I removed the flywheel and stator only to find some heat damage to the trigger, I replaced the trigger with a second hand unit from the states, also changed the regulator and purchased a red stator conversion complete with the adapter, I have fitted all the replacement parts yet still have no spark, I am a mechanic by trade but never messed with outboards before and by no means am I an expert on electrics, however I have done some research and managed to find some info relating to the resistance readings I should be getting from certain parts, all seems to be in order according to manufacturers spec so I am at a complete loss as to why I still have no spark??? Seems to be many google results relating to people having similar issues, could anybody shed some light on the subject or advise me on what to try next as I am now at a loss and considering replacing the CDI unit at a considerable cost ��
Many thanks

I have checked all troubleshooting procedures and still have no spark, currently waiting for a DVA adapter so I can check cranking voltages

Back