Logo

Yamaha 300hp hpdi does not seem to be getting gas

patchel

I have a 2005 yamaha 300hp HPDI outboard. had it on the water and started acting up, it seemed to be starving for gas. would hardly run and if I pushed throttle forward it would die. I have changed all filters thru out. in attempts to clean injectors that where oxidized in I now have six new injectors. feel like I can get gas to belt fuel pump but not sure from there. any help or or insight would be great.
Thanks Brian

I have a 2005 yamaha 300hp HPDI outboard. had it on the water and started acting up, it seemed to be starving for gas. would hardly run and if I pushed throttle forward it would die. I have changed all filters thru out. in attempts to clean injectors that where oxidized in I now have six new injectors. feel like I can get gas to belt fuel pump but not sure from there. any help or or insight would be great.
Thanks Brian

my 300 don't stall it just don't have power and I am thinking mine is timing advance problem
I turn the engine off and work the throttle handle full forward and full reverse and this seems to cure the problem temporally

Back