Logo

Condensation in Console Gauges

ragraves

Is there a way to dry the condensation in my console gauges?
It is so bad on the inside of the glass I cant even read them. They are analog and digital gauges.
Honda NMEA 2000 Digital Tach and Speed.

Thanks in advance.

The boat is a key west 239fs center console with a t top. The underside of the console is dry but the outside of the gauges do get wet sometimes.

thanks for advice

Just to add to Johnny's recommendation, which I agree with. I have the same gauges. What the hair dryer does is vaporizes the moisture and forces it out of the bezel. You need to spend some time with the dryer on the gauges even after the moisture disappears because the air inside must be heated high enough to actually force the moisture out. A heat gun set on low will be a bit faster.

After drying is there something I need to do to keep this from happening again besides just wiping them off with damp rag rather that washing with water spray?

Don't know of anything else you can do, but others may have some additional ideas.

Definitely try to avoid spraying water directly on the gauges - wipe them off. I keep a pack of those little alcohol packs on my boat for that very purpose, the kind used for self-administering shots of medication. I use those on my gauges and MFD screen.

Back