Logo
Click for Honda Manuals, Parts and Model Guides!

Default 2006 Honda 130 PGM-FI beeps?

I have good water flow, fluid levels are good but getting intermittent beeps from the PGM-FI. I know nothing about pulling codes off these engines. Can anybody share how to jump the red plug to get codes and if you have the code sheet could you share it?
    Would low battery power cause the engine to throw a code?

Default Re: 2006 Honda 130 PGM-FI beeps?

Firstly what light is showing with the beep, check engine or battery?

It's the bottom red light which according to the manual is the check engine light.

I was on the phone with a Honda tech, he had me check the 90amp fuse at the back of the engine, check voltage from the alternator. Everything was good so now he wants me to swap ECMs to see if it's bad.

so if you look in the electrical box on the engine, you will find a red electrical two pin connector with a weather cap, remove the cap and bridge the two pins with a small split pin. Next turn the ignition on and the check in light will blink a code.A long blink is tens and short blink is single numbers. eg one long and two shorts is twelve. Two longs and a two shorts is 22 and so on. Let me know what it does

Quote Originally Posted by iang6766 View Post
    so if you look in the electrical box on the engine, you will find a red electrical two pin connector with a weather cap, remove the cap and bridge the two pins with a small split pin. Next turn the ignition on and the check in light will blink a code.A long blink is tens and short blink is single numbers. eg one long and two shorts is twelve. Two longs and a two shorts is 22 and so on. Let me know what it does

Thankyou for the response. I got 3 blinks followed by a pause and then 8 fast blinks.

What's your email address ? I can send you a video clip of the engine lights just to be certain.

your description is not making sense, can you post a video of what it's doing?

your description is not making sense, can you post a video of what it's doing?

Heres the video

Sorry not sure how to post a video on here... It's not allowing me to attach it

I've tried everything except make it a you tube video an attach the url.....

Any other way I can send the video to you?

So your codes are 3 and 8. 3 is MAP sensor and 8 is pulser coil fault. Cancel the codes by turning key on with service plug shorted out and activate your kill switch 5 times or until warning horn beeps. Disconnect bridge at service plug, start engine and the see if faults reoccur.Let me know what happens

I'm not able to reset the codes. I jumped the red plug, turned the key on and pushed the kill switch in an out many times and never got a beep. Am I doing something wrong?

Ok I got it to reset. Restarted the engine and got the buzzer again so I re jumped the diagnostic plug. I'm now only getting #8 code.

Check your pulsar coils underneath the crankshaft pulley, you will more than likely find one of them has got hot and discolored, if so you will need to replace them as a set. If they look okay you will need to do a resistance check, do you have a workshop manual?

Check your pulsar coils underneath the crankshaft pulley, you will more than likely find one of them has got hot and discolored, if so you will need to replace them as a set. If they look okay you will need to do a resistance check, do you have a workshop manual?

No I don't have the manual

It seems the crank pulley has to be pulled to change this? That's crazy! What's the process of getting that off? The pulser coil looks shot.

It is easy if you have the correct tools, a heavy duty impact will be needed to remove the pulley bolt since it is torque to 180 ft lbs at factory. You may need to take your boat to someone who has one to get ot removed.Once the pulley is off it's pretty sttaight forward