Logo

67 80hp fuel pump ??

Birddog82

Ok this is a long two part question my motor is bogging down on full throttle it will try to plane out then rrr rrr rrr like its hit air bad or something plane out then after hot it want go full throttle and primer bulb will get sucked closed and it's also all new. And u can see air in fuel pump bowl So I rebuilt carb then replaced all lines i ordered a fuel pump rebuild kit but it seemed like it was from 1967 package was fell right open but I replaced anyway still same thing. But I noticed on marine engine diagram two of the same fuel pumps but one with a diaphragm spring one with out and my model number 80753r it shows it if you search for model but then says not available so I cant tell if its spouse to have spring or not! So if someone could tell me if it does or does not have it that would be great or maybe if I have a different problem?

ok so better yet I just ordered this pump is it spouse to have the diaphragm spring

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180714-161801_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180714-161801_eBay.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20180715-232135_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180715-232135_eBay.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
They all are supposed to have two springs. Two different lengths also.

If it is sucking the bulb flat, you are barking up the wrong tree. Fuel pump is working. Your problem is that something is causing a restriction somewhere between the bulb and the fuel level in the tank. The gas can't get to the bulb.

If it is a built-in tank, suspect the anti-siphon valve at tank outlet. But that is not the only possibility. Also suspect the inlet check valve in the bulb.

They all are supposed to have two springs. Two different lengths also.

If it is sucking the bulb flat, you are barking up the wrong tree. Fuel pump is working. Your problem is that something is causing a restriction somewhere between the bulb and the fuel level in the tank. The gas can't get to the bulb.

If it is a built-in tank, suspect the anti-siphon valve at tank outlet. But that is not the only possibility. Also suspect the inlet check valve in the bulb.

No sir it's not a built in tank it's just the 6 gal tank and I replaced from the neck up and still same problem

Back