Logo

BF225 alarm issue

cgm12mgc

Need help determining what is going on here, I have a video of the specific alarm/ lights that are on for my stbd motor.

I can run her hard (4500rpm) for 2 minutes or so then the stbd motor will throw the alarm, cut it off restart it and alarm is gone... I run her under 3k and it will stay away, run it over 3k and it will come back much faster until the motor is cooled again. (by cool I just mean proper temp not having been run hard)

here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMoYjD27yE&feature=youtu.be

I have swapped the following sensors from one motor to the other.
PGM
IAT
IAC
both coolant sensors.

Trying to determine what the problem is and have the other to bounce it off of.

Thanks in advance

I figured out how to jump the codes, I have the following

6: Open circuit in sensor ground line (greedred)
23: Disconnected knock sensor connector Short or open circuit in knock sensor wire Faulty knock sensor
26: Disconnected oil pressure switch (high presShort or open circuit in oil pressure switch Faulty oil pressure switch (high pressure side)
41: Disconnected oxygen sensor heater circuit Short or open circuit in oxygen sensor heater Faulty oxygen sensor heater circuit Spark plug misfire

My Port motor with no issues (runs fine with no lights) has the following one code.

23: Disconnected knock sensor connector Short or open circuit in knock sensor wire Faulty knock sensor

I will assume the code 23 is not the big issue with my stbd motor considering it is not throwing an alarm, I only checked it since I was right there.

Should I swap the o2's as my next step?

Back