Logo

NS40C 361A-1 nissan 40 HP

BoatmanNissan

Hello all!
I have acquired a NS40C 361A-1 nissan 40 HP outboard motor, and I need help wiring it up. Can anyone help me determine the proper connections to get this motor up and running?

Full info is in the Factory owners manual, from nissanmarine.com. If you can't figure that out, ask, and I will help.
http://www.nissanmarine.com/tech_talk/pdf_files/Nis40C.pdf

Thanks for the link. I have not had enough time to look through the entire manual, but it is great to have.

I was unable to get the throttle and shifter housing/switches for choke, start, stop, and safety. Would anyone know where I could obtain that assembly?

In the mean time, I would like to see how it runs. Am I correct in assuming that the stop and safety are normally provided 12 Vdc when ready for the engine to run? Or are they provided a ground when ready? This is for testing only. If the engine starts up and runs ok, it will be worth the cost of the cables/switch assembly. If I can't hear it run, then it's not worth any further investment.

What bit do you want? If RC, that stuff is in the RC box.

Brown is kill. Ground it and the ignition dies.

The RC box I have is Nissan "silver grey", and is new old stock, in the original Factory box. Originally intended for the 120-140 hp motors, it has electric start (key switch), tilt/trim switch, and 20 feet of electrical cable. You would need to connect each individual wire at the motor end, since the 40C had individual wires at that end, while mine has a single connector -- cut off the connector, and connect the individual wires. No, it doesn't come with the Morse-style throttle and shift cables, as each boat needs a different length. MSRP on the box is over $400. You can have it for $100.

002-21024-4_RC5E.JPG

Back