Logo

Detroit 671TIB Parts Manuel

CaptmikeOBA

Hi , We recently Purchased a 1995 Hatteras with 671 TIBs , I am looking now for a parts manual with parts numbers !! Any help would be much appreciated ..

Hi,
Congratulations on your "new" vessel!
You probably already know this but, if you are in a large metro area, there's a good chance that Detroit Diesel will have one or more truck engine repair facilities close by. That's where I would go to ask about parts and service literature. There may be some still in print although I don't know. The worst they could tell you is how and, possibly, who to write at corporate for assistance.

The 671 is bulletproof once properly dialed in.

Best of luck to you!

Jgmo, Thanks for the insight, We have a Detroit Diesel Dealer , We Do Business with , You just can’t look up Marine parts only truck and industrial. Are other versions that are in trucks pretty much the same motor , When it comes to pipes and lines ??

Sadly, no. It's a "mish-mosh" of the industrial and "marinized" world with the basic engine and the boat builder doing their own engine room "architecture" or, what was fairly prevalent for many years, contracting design to jobbers like Johnson and Towers to develop "packages" that would fit the space and survive the environment.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if J&T might have had a hand in your Hatteras' power plants at the time.

The good news is that there wasn't any magic to what they were doing other than using materials like stainless in place of cold rolled steel and fabrication of hang ons like coolers and piping to get the job done. So, there's no law that says you MUST replace a fitted intercooler with one of their "models". And, it may be less expensive to have one fabricated at a competent radiator shop if you just want to get on with it.

There are always Detroit manuals and parts books for sale on ebay. Much cheaper that buying thru Detroit Diesel.

Back