Logo

New power pack = oem or aftermarket? Which is better?

Have you tested stuff and determined that the pack is the issue ?----What is the motor doing / not doing ?----Any other trouble shooting done ?

I don't know about today, but for a while after OMC, CDI was making the power packs for BRP. The only difference was a 1 yr. warranty from BRP & 2 yrs. from CDI. This is not an endorsement either way.

Got to be careful as CDI aftermarket did make packs for OEM(BRP) for several years...just had a different decal and still had QC problems. I use Sierra only as has best warranty and will pay to replace.

BTW it's a 96 evinrude 112spl #e112tsledr if I wrote that right off the top of my head. Changed so far, fuel line and bulb, plugs, wires, coils, rebuilt carbs, Had to change water pump impeller. Took it to the river. It ran like a scalded dog about a mile up river about 4800-5000rpm trimmed down ( it'll go to about 5200rpm or so trimmed up), turned around and went back about a mile down river awesome performance. Stopped to fish for about 15min although I was there to test. Started back up it bogged and can't get over 2000rpm. Bulb is hard, priming shot of gas doesn't change it. I idled around a few min to see if it changed. Stopped to cast a line out again maybe 10 min. Same issue when I cranked it up went about a 100yds still bogging at 2000rpm . Motor "bumped" a few times and picked back up like nothing had happened went back to the ramp like a scalded dog.

Replaced the power pack took it out and she ran like a charm. Never missed a beat. I ran it thru the wringer and it ran better than it has the whole 3yrs I've owned it.

Back