Logo

M90a carb fuel inlet barb

whaler_warner

Contributing Member
Hi,

As per title each of the carbs have a small plastic inlet barb for the fuel hose to attach to, on my motor the top and middle are split and weeping fuel which obviously is not a good situation to have.

I have checked the parts diagrams and these are not listed as a changeable part, has anyone else had this problem and have a solution?

I did find a part for a Harley Davidson as they appear to have a similar issue with plastic cracking due to heat/age/vibration and is made by the same manufacture (KEIHIN) however this part is only a right angle all brass inlet, however I am not sure if this will fit and also what to do about the middle carb which has a "T" Shape inlet to allow fuel in and then onto the top carb?

No, the inlet is not available separately. You may be able to cobble up something from an olde tymey NAPA. Look for the store with a guy at the counter who has grey hair (not a catalog-looker-upper), and go from there.

Frustratingly having received the Harley aftermarket part its an 8mm OD and this carb needs a 6mm one to be able to drill out the origianl fitting and tap this new piece in.

As the splits are only small, I have used JB Weld just to seal it up and will hopefully see me through the rest of this season.

My local tohatsu dealer is very "old school" and probably fits the bill (opens whenever he wants and is usually hammering away in the workshop out back!)

Back