Logo

2014 Yamaha F150 Water blowing from rear exhaust

joshm626

I have twin F150XA Motors. I replaced the water pumps last weekend and now have water blowing out (at 600 RPM idle) on the port motor. This is the upper exhaust above the water line(1"x3" black plastic). I had a 38 mile run home after i noticed it and the motor ran flawless. No heating problems. Motor pee'ed strong as did the starboard. This is only happenning at Idle. Once in gear, it drasticly slows, then stops at anything above 800 RPM's. I replaced thermostats 4 months ago. I checked the Port motor popper valve (Small plastic stopper with spring) and the thermostat-all looks good. Motors have 570 hrs. This is the counter Rotation motor- not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Hey Josh, Have you received any info on your issue?
I have the same problem except i noticed water blowing at the ramp and just brought her home.I also noticed bubbles from lower exhaust. A mechanic that happened to be launching also at the time said if you have bubbles, water is getting into the dry exhaust and it is a gasket problem and the power head needs to be pulled to repair.
I have the same engines with 256hrs. I purchased the boat last year with 152hrs.I have not replaced water pumps or stats yet, only filters and oils.

Back