Logo

40 HP Force Leaking Fuel

DDONOVAN326

I have a 40 HP Force that is leaking fuel. I believe that it may be from a fuel line or carburetor but did not have time to look at it too excessively, as I was getting in truck to head to work and smelled the fuel in the shop. I was assuming that this was just the point that it found its way out. I don't know though??? Thought I would just throw it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts prior to me having time to look at it. In addition, had out on the water yesterday with no issues and ran perfectly fine.

Boat.jpg

Last edited:
To follow up... I check the fuel lines and connections, didn't see any problems but replaced anyways. Took carb apart and cleaned up, again didn't see any drastic issues. Does need new gaskets, so will probably just do a carb rebuild as well. Put it all back together, ran great, no issues and no leaks??? IDK... Guessing float may have been stuck or something minimal in a fuel line that I did not see. But all is good now!

Haha....I recently aquire it...but for the past 7-8 years that is all it has known.....first thing I did was get that stuff out.

Yes. Good move. Customer of mine has a 40....it is really mint, runs so sweet. Changed impeller a couple years ago. There is not a scratch on that motor. Beautiful boat too. I should have got some pictures but I didn't have this android yet. I do have a picture of another Chrysler boat I tuned up about 6 years ago.....it is so eye-catching. I'll shrink the file down and post it, one of the prettiest boats I have ever seen.

Last edited:
I fill 265 tanks at home here where I have my shop. Add Stabil....but Amsoil version. Just used the last of my oldest tank.....still perfect fuel, 10 years old. Gonna refill about 1000 gallons when fuel price bottoms out in Jan.

Fuel here in Northern Indiana is 2.04....not sure what could be more bottomed out than that...I'm driving an Excursion and very excited at the moment!

The reg/leaded is $3.50 gal here on the Fl coast.

I run the Ethanol fuel, no real problems unless you leave the tank low or empty.
But then if you use the reg fuel and leave the tank empty you get the same results.
Condensation :(

Stabil and E-treatment USE IT!!

Back