Logo

Crusader 270 stutter/misfire

Cherokee250

I have a 1985 Cherokee 250 with a Crusader 350ci/270hp. After fishing all day with no hiccups I went to take off and boat would not rev above 3000rpm without falling hard on its face and could not push through it. Like an idiot I have replaced the following to no avail, ignitor, coil, cap/rotor and fuel pump/fuel lines. Also have tried disconnecting tach. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

You listed all sorts of parts but not fuel filters. Also check your tank vent. If you want to eliminate the tank and lines then hook up a separate tank and see how she run's. You might also have gummed up jets in the carb. Good luck with the search.

You listed all sorts of parts but not fuel filters. Also check your tank vent. If you want to eliminate the tank and lines then hook up a separate tank and see how she run's. You might also have gummed up jets in the carb. Good luck with the search.

Sorry, forgot to mention I checked the screen filter in carb inlet and changed the paper filter at rear of motor. Will try isolating the tank today. Thanks for the input

I'd add 'verify ignition timing advances with RPM' to the list....also suggest you diagnose the issue before 'throwing parts at an issue'.....and to keep maintenance notes in your log book....it will prove valuable in the long run....

Back