Logo

Fuel Delivery problem 1989 Johnson 110 VRO

greg eugeneson

At wide open throttle, the engine runs about 25 seconds, then it cuts out, like it was starved for fuel. Dropping the rpm (below 2500) will keep it from completely dying. I have replaced the fuel filter, no change. then i replaced the VRO pump, no change. replaced the fuel filter again, no change. I am thinking of getting an external tank and trying to run the motor off that in case it is a pick up or hose problem in my tank. Any other suggestions? How much pressure should there be in the fuel line at the carb? The carb was also rebuilt a couple of years ago.

Thanks,
Greg

I hate it when I have fueling problems with my car! It happened to me once as well, and it was so annoying. When I was trying to refuel my car, the nozzle of the pump kept clicking off. It didn’t matter that the vehicle was not at a full tank; the nozzle would keep clicking off. It turned out that I needed to change the fuel tank ventilation system. I luckily found an original one online and ordered it, but it took too long to come since it came from another country. I got so impatient with the delivery process that I installed the lasership delivery tracking to keep track of it!

Back