Logo

Touch-up Painting on Cowling

clkelley78

Contributing Member
Has anyone had good luck with touching up cowling with Honda matchingspray paint? The plastic top, ventcover and mid cowling are peeling bad and looks like crap. The rest of the cowling is in decentcondition for a 2007. I was thinking of buyingprimer, Honda paint and clear coat to see if I can get it looking better.

About 5 years ago, I had folks in a local boat yard repaint the cover on my BF 225 using the Honda matched spray paint. It looked good at first, but then started fading out. Found out they did not clearcoat it adequately, if at all. Finally purchased an old beat up used cover off of eBay and had a real professional do the original cover using Color Rite Honda oyster silver paint, code NH282. Primed, painted, with three layers of topcoat applied over paint. New decals. It looks great and is staying in really good shape. I was so pleased with the work, that when I got the original back, I contracted with the same pros to do the substitute, too. I've had that one for sale on eBay to try to cover my costs.

Right View.jpg
Left View.jpg
Rear View.jpg

About 5 years ago, I had folks in a local boat yard repaint the cover on my BF 225 using the Honda matched spray paint. It looked good at first, but then started fading out. Found out they did not clearcoat it adequately, if at all. Finally purchased an old beat up used cover off of eBay and had a real professional do the original cover using Color Rite Honda oyster silver paint, code NH282. Primed, painted, with three layers of topcoat applied over paint. New decals. It looks great and is staying in really good shape. I was so pleased with the work, that when I got the original back, I contracted with the same pros to do the substitute, too. I've had that one for sale on eBay to try to cover my costs.

View attachment 18083
View attachment 18084
View attachment 18085

Looks great! I was watching that one on eBay LOL. I found a guy on the East Coast "B&D Cycles" that repaints them and does an excellent job, but shipping there and back is arm and a leg! My cowling looks good, it's just the plastic covers that need to be addressed. I bought Color Rite cans and will see how it comes out. If it fails, I'll pull off everything and send it to him.

Roger that! For shipping look in to greyhound shipping. Takes up to 10 days or so, but really cheap for large items. I spent $60 for shipping of that big 225 cover from Washington State to Virginia.

Back