Logo

Johnson Commercial 15hp

runner262

I have a 15hp Johnson Commercial that i'm having problems determining the year - the number on the freeze plug
is G3892973 - the first 9 may be a 3 - G3832973.
Any help decoding this would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures.-----Is this a motor with the 9.9 / 15 HP powerhead adapted to the 25 HP lower unit ?---Pictures make this easy-------1987 comes to mind for that model.

Pictures.-----Is this a motor with the 9.9 / 15 HP powerhead adapted to the 25 HP lower unit ?---Pictures make this easy-------1987 comes to mind for that model.

I have a couple more pics but i'm not sure if i'm attaching them correctly - i've sent 2 pics - hope they worked

Looking at the ignition coil i put it mid to late 90s? Give seaway marine a call they have the best books possibly ID with the serial number?

There is a commercial sticker on it but it does look like a standard 15 hp model.-------Looks to be a 94 / 95 model.

There is a commercial sticker on it but it does look like a standard 15 hp model.-------Looks to be a 94 / 95 model.

Thanks for your time in responding - I've tried researching the difference between standard and commercial - all I find doesn't really explain much.

Thanks again
Mike

Once you establish the model number then you may get lucky and find a oem manual. Your best bet is to call seaway marine in lynnwood WA weekdays before 4-5pm pacific time. They have a big sign on the gone fishing weekends.

Back