Logo

2000 4 stroke 15hp charger?

treefort

Hi all, I am looking at buying a 2000 4 stroke 15ml (15hp manual start long shaft) off classifieds. I asked the seller if it has a 12 volt charger and he said he didn't know but it has 2 wires sticking out of it. He must not have a multimeter to test.

Anyways, I don't have any experience with the chargers or these motors so I am curious as to what you guys think. Looking at the picture, does it look like those two wires sticking out are 12 volt charging wires?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5616.jpg
    IMG_5616.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5617.jpg
    IMG_5617.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 22
Hi all, I am looking at buying a 2000 4 stroke 15ml (15hp manual start long shaft) off classifieds. I asked the seller if it has a 12 volt charger and he said he didn't know but it has 2 wires sticking out of it. He must not have a multimeter to test.

Anyways, I don't have any experience with the chargers or these motors so I am curious as to what you guys think. Looking at the picture, does it look like those two wires sticking out are 12 volt charging wires?

Thanks, much appreciated.

I just bought one as well. Mine is a 15 4S 1998 and just about like new. Mine has no wires sticking out of it other than it has the cables for the batery for electric start and they are much larger. I would more likely believe those wires do not belong sticking out and maybe there as kill wire circuit due to a faulty switch. Really is a guess. I have the tiller handle off mine for a couple of days fixing a couple broken broken screws and the front of the engine has several wires like that in it with the bullet connectors but no apparent spares ??

Back