Logo

aq145a volvo penta

stan9923

Hi ,can anybody give me some info on this.I have coolant coming out of my oil cooler after switching the motor off and I allways drain the oil cooler after using boat and noticed green coolant under the engine.I looking for anyone that can tell me what the coolent is coming out of the oil cooler.Im suspecting the heat exchanger may be leaking.any help please.thanks Stan

There should be no coolant in the oil cooler period it is in the raw water loop. Sounds like the heat exchanger is bad is there coolant in the exhaust manifold when you drain it?

Hopefully it is just the radiator hose from the circulating pump to the heat exchanger leaking down on the raw water tube would be my guess?

There should be no coolant in the oil cooler period it is in the raw water loop. Sounds like the heat exchanger is bad is there coolant in the exhaust manifold when you drain it?

No.no coolent in manifol.yep i will probally take heat exchanger of to check it out.can the insert be repaired and no you know what the material is made of

Back