Logo

Backward shift and throttle on controls ??

canale

I built a 16 foot boat and bought a nice Evinrude to power it. It came with controls, and after installing and wiring it I discovered the control handle was "backwards" The labels on the arm 'Reversed'. However the forward/reverse are correct in function. Do i need to open the control box and make an adjustment? If I simply remove the arm and move it to the oppose side (the labels on the arm will be correct) Is it that simple? I would just leave it but the throttle limiter in reverse stalls the motor. Thanks for any help

Just classic I think.----For a number of years the lower units shifted to forward with a DOWN motion if the shift rod.----Then later years they shifted to forward with an UP motion of the shift rod.-----And no you can not make adjustments in the control box to correct this.------Linkages on the motor can be changed.-----Post some pictures of the linkages on the motor.------And you are not the first to encounter this issue !-----Or is it simply that the shift cable is hooked up to throttle ???

Back