Logo

1957 Johnson 7.5 HP Model AD-11

pjdrago

I just picked up this motor from a friend of mind. I really want to try it out but am concerned about the older fuel lines. This outboard appears to have a 2 line hose for the external tanks and they appear to be made of rubber. I'm thinking it may be prudent to just replace them all. Do they sell replacements for this outboard? the tank as well as the motor itself? Thinking the ethanol won't be good for them.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

I'm not sure if I can tag onto this post or not but have a question related to the dual fuel line setup. I've replace all the fuel lines with new but now the fuel line connector is leaking and it appears I need to replace the O'rings in the fuel line connection at the motor. I've ordered new o'rings but need some advice on how to disassemble the connector. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreaciated.
Don in South Dakota [email protected]

As I remember, there is no need to disassemble anything....use a paper clip and bend a small hook on the end. Use this "tool" to remove the old o rings. Be sure to remove all the old rings as they will probably come out in several pieces. The new rings simply slip through the holes in the connector and fall into place when inserted.

As I remember, there is no need to disassemble anything....use a paper clip and bend a small hook on the end. Use this "tool" to remove the old o rings. Be sure to remove all the old rings as they will probably come out in several pieces. The new rings simply slip through the holes in the connector and fall into place when inserted.

Your suggestion worked for the oring removal. Thanks for your help.

Back