Logo

O -Ring came off , is this a big deal ?.....Need some advice

occh

Contributing Member
I was fishing today and caught my first keeper fluke on my new/used boat and was excited then my friend saw this rubber o ring dangling down , it was almost completely off he said ,and then he pulled it the rest of the way. It appears to be what separates the lower unit from the upper part of the outboard. Sorry , I am not mechanically inclined but there are only two black o rings that you can see externally and it’s the lower one not the one up by the cowling. Does anyone know if the lower unit needs to be dropped. ? Is this a big fix? I can’t get anyone here to look at this until the middle of next week because of Memorial Day. It figures, the fishing is just getting good here in NY. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great Holiday weekend

No big deal, just use the motor as normal, it is just there to stop the lower cowl vibrating on the mid section
. Thanks , Thanks that’s great news!!! I had visions of losing a few critical weeks here during Striper and Fluke season . Any idea how it gets replaced . Thanks again

Back