Logo

Yanmar 315 water pump, cooling system

Yanmar 315 water pump, cooling system

Hi

I just came back from boating and noticed that when I put on my muffs no water was coming out of the exhaust.

I changed muffs, same thing, I then pressed the muffs in with my hands and some water flowed out....

I looked at my inline T-Strainer screen filter and it was clean.

I took the cover of my water pump off thinking that it was my Impeller... but it looked OK

I cranked my motor and the impeller was spinning...

What should I be looking at?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

I should add that before I took the boat out I put the muffs on and the water came out the exhaust just fine.

my trip was around 120 miles, I was trolling for Dolphin, could any weeds clog the out drive water intake?

When I put the muffs on with the T-strainer screen filter off, no water makes it past that point, without the motor on. (should water be flowing past the T-Strainer just with the muffs on?

Thanks
Sam

What out drive is it on? Can you try back flushing the drive with a hose from the strainer to push out anything that has got inside the pickup etc?

Bravo 3,

I put a hose under the T-strainer and some water came out, but I can not make a good connection... I will try to remove the hose and try it that way...

With the muffs on with the T-strainer should water be flowing past the T-Strainer just with the hose pressure?

I was thinking it could be time to descale the motors cooling system?

Thanks
Sam

Muffs? on the drive?

There should be an engine driven pump fed thru a strainer from a thru hull......

Hi Yes I know...

I just wanted to know if with the T-Strainer bowl off, if the water hose on the out drive would have enough pressure to make it to the T-strainer? without the motors water pump on?

Thanks

if the inlets are clear, the hose between the gimbal housing and transom is intact, and your muffs are tight, then you should have full flow out of the hose on the inside....but it's a relatively small hose (~ 3/4"ID)....

Back