Logo

NEED HELP! Merc 60HP 4 stroke trim problems!!

CFDfireman

Thanks to another post I made, I've got my boat running good as of this past Wednesday. We took it out and everything ran great. When we got back home I parked it and didn't put the cover back on the boat. I'm a firefighter and had to work a 24 hour shift the next day. While at work it rained really hard for most of the day. I got a call from my wife saying the boat was acting crazy. I got her to unhook the battery until I got home. Once I got home I hooked it back up and about 5 mins later the trim motor started going up. I can hold the button on the motor down and it will stop but not go down. If I use the button on the throttle the motor will trim down but as soon as I stop a few seconds later it goes back up without touching anything. Could it be that something got to wet? Or maybe a bad relay? I know the blue wire is up and the green is down. For the few seconds it sits down you can hear a buzzing or arcing sound from inside the up (blue wire) relay. Also, when I took the relay on the trim up out the relay looked like new, no discoloring on contacts at all and the trim down button works fine in both spots motor and throttle. Maybe this makes since and someone can help me. The water is nice and I was really wanting to take her out for Memorial Day weekend and my birthday which is tomorrow haha. Any help will be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused::mad::mad:

Oh, it's a 2005 mercury 60HP 4 stroke bigfoot

Back