Logo

Mercury 150 Fourstroke Issue

BushWacker

I currently own a 2016 Mercury 150 Fourstroke with about 50 hours currently on it. This engine has always been properly serviced by my local dealer and has performed flawlessly for the most part. About a year ago I launched my boat for a morning fishing trip, got on plane running about 35 mph and the engine lost almost all power coming too a hault like it was starving for fuel. It would let me idle at about 3-5 mph, but if I went any faster it would completely kill. I could also hear a sharp noise that sounded like the fuel pump being constantly engaged. I pulled the cover off and pulled the fuel filter out of the housing and reinstalled thinking maybe the line was kinked, reinstalled and motor ran like a champ. Have ran this boat many times since then. Then last week I went on another fishing trip where I ran twenty or so miles too my fishing hole, fished for several hours, cranked up and left, started running 30-40 mph for a few miles then all of a sudden it did the same exact thing it did last year. Same noise and everything. Pulled cover off and did the same thing It did last year and it allowed me too make it back to the marina. Brought it too my local dealer for this issue and also too have them service it again. They stated they checked all pumps, pressure etc... and it also did not throw any codes. They could not find anything. I’m just curious if anyone has ever heard of this issue before. It’s aggrivating because it does not happen often. 2 times since I’ve owned the motor.

Any help would be appreciated

Back