Logo

Wiring issues

DnA Auto

Hey there, so i just bout a 1983 thunderbolt with a chrysler charger 100 model 1008HOA. I haver owned an outboard, dont really know to much about them so hence my question.
A little background... when i bought the boat, it did seem like a reletivly easy project, motor was hung on the stern, turned the flywheel and figured ok, its not frozen. However, none of the wiring was connecred to the motor, none from remote control, none fom speedo, nothing to aux switches. Nothing, just a motor hung to stern. I know this motor was not origional equipment, but im hoping to get it wired to the motor. I have a couple obvious wires connected, not too sure about some others. Black to ground, red to batter + sarter to start. I cannot find ANY litrature online for this motor or even the boat for that matter. Can anyone help me with this wiring issue. After i make sure the motor runs, then ofcourse i will assemble the throttle linkages, steering rod, ect.

The wiring and controls are pretty engine specific.
I/E the Chrysler needs a Chrysler/Force shifter and wiring harness.

What shifter is on the boat now?

iboatsdotcom has a Chrysler/Force forum.
Someone on there can give the directions to hook up the wires to start.

Sent you a PM

Thanks for getting back to me �� not really sure what remote is in it, i can only assume the one that came with the boat. Due to the fact that i cannot find any info on that boat i dont know what origionaly came with it. Some pictures ive seen are showing evenrudes, but im not 100% the boat is a 1983 thunderbolt from thunderbolt boat co. According to the hin. The motor is a 1980 chrysler charger 100 1008HOA according to the tag numberz i cross referanced on the motor. If i can make that controler work with that motor, great. If not then i guess ill have to change it. Thanks jerryjerry05

Back