Logo

Propeller Not spinning in Forward or Reverse

EricT1313

I have a 2001 220 Monterey Sport. My engine starts right up but I have no propeller movement in forward or reverse.
The engine revs up in both directions but the propeller stays still. I can Free hand move the propeller in both directions and I don't hear any grinding when doing so.

Thank you for any and all help. New to boating and I am handy but I just don't know how to trouble shoot this.

Eric

Was the drive off recently for service??? may not have been put back on correctly....I'd make sure the cables are connected and then check the shift linkage on the drive (on the forward edge, between the upper and lower halves....

Was the drive off recently for service??? may not have been put back on correctly....I'd make sure the cables are connected and then check the shift linkage on the drive (on the forward edge, between the upper and lower halves....

It seems to me that it is stuck in Neutral. When I push in the button on the throttle it doesn't move at all which
makes me think that its all the way in and in neutral. Any thoughts on that? I did have to rewire the trim so wondering if i may have messed something up in there?
Thanks

If the throttle advance button is stuck in the IN position, the shift function is disabled - so you can speed up the engine.....

so, if the shift cable isn't moving back at the engine, then the drive likely IS in Neutral and the control box needs to be serviced....

Back