Logo

Roller arm screw - should it tighten?

Projectus

Contributing Member
20180513_152618 - Edited.jpgHello,

I have a 1993 Evinrude 150hp Intruder V6, VE150GLETG.

The roller arm on the throttle linkage has a screw. Should it tighten? Mine just spins like it is stripped.

Last edited:
Yes it should tighten. It is a "fast screw" and easily striped. You could try a slightly longer sheet metal screw as l;ong as it don't drag on cover..

Thanks, Faztbullet. Mine's not where it needs to be at all. It's an inch away after shifting back to neutral from forward. Mine loos like this.
20180514_180213 - Edited.jpgI think this is going to solve my dying-when-shifting issue.

You should be picking up the timing roller/lever & the carb roller at the same time. Yes you are way off & it will make a big difference. You can try a small piece of small tyrap in the stripped hole with a drop of super glue. It will hold for you to do some testing. A new arm would be a good idea in the long run.

One other thing I just thought of on these motors. If you bought carburetor rebuild kits (OEM #438996) you will notice they show two different seals for carb body to throttle plate assembly. One is black & other is brown. The brown one is slightly thicker & is the proper one for your GL model engine. Not sure what you get on after market kits. Earlier motors from OMC had to have these seals changed out. Not sure when that occurred, but remember doing a bunch of them.

Last edited:
One other thing I just thought of on these motors. If you bought carburetor rebuild kits (OEM #438996) you will notice they show two different seals for carb body to throttle plate assembly. One is black & other is brown. The brown one is slightly thicker & is the proper one for your GL model engine. Not sure what you get on after market kits. Earlier motors from OMC had to have these seals changed out. Not sure when that occurred, but remember doing a bunch of them.

That's interesting. I replaced all 6 of those gaskets a month ago. They were black.
I'll look at my receipt and check the part number. I can't remember where I bought them.

I got mine from Crowley Marine - P/N 0335076.
I looked up the full kit, and I see what you mean. They supply three seals, and one of them is brown.

Back