Logo

Johnson 20 hp barn found what year?

Perro

Hello!

Found an old 20 hp Johnson that stood for 10+ years and got it for free. It has compression, it sparks(only one cilinder atm) but it doesn't look that bad I must say.
It has all the parts (some of them I removed so they are missing on the pictures)
Does anyone know the rough age or how I can find it?

Thanks,

https://imgur.com/a/1wJaq8H

Do a compression test first thing and get back with the numbers! Can you make out the model number? Racer will probably know by the cowl the year?

That would be a 1968 model.-----Are those plug wires metal core ?-----Check under the flywheel as it likely needs new coils or it has a newer set already..

Where in the land of the best " elftal team " that is not going to win the World Cup ??------Yes those are the newer coils.-----This is a fantastic motor and easy to repair.----Lots of parts on hand here.

Haha next time try to win from Belgium :p I live near Deventer, it's in the east!
Thanks! Will try to fix the spark from the one cilinder and keep an update with the compression and if i can get it to start

Last edited:
Where in the land of the best " elftal team " that is not going to win the World Cup ??------Yes those are the newer coils.-----This is a fantastic motor and easy to repair.----Lots of parts on hand here.
Need a new impeller, grommet, drive shaft seal and a drive pin.
Shame this site only sends to USA, Canada and Australia :(

That should run very well with that compression.-----Just picked up a 1970 model 25 HP for parts $20 lots of parts missing.----Fuel pump and carburetor are worth that. there

Update: was looking for parts secondhand and found a 1968 20 hp better condition and got it for €50,-
Will be using my old one for spares :)

Back