Logo

Rebuilding carbs broke off top gas line barb what to do?

Tim D

Hey yall, this is my first post just signed up after doing some online searching. I was rebuilding the carbs on my 96 evinrude 112 spl, I broke off the little brass barb where the small gas? line hooks up on top. Is this part replaceable or do I need to buy another carburetor? It was acting sluggish didn't seem to wanna plane out too well sometimes. Until Sunday it hasn't been in the water in 2yrs. New gas line, new plugs, new batteries, and fresh ethanol free gas 50:1 mix. Just like a bunch of posts on here ran good on the ears got it in the water and 2 or 3 times it wouldn't plane out. When it does get on plane it seems good though. Any help about that little brass piece on top of the carb and any other input is more than welcome. Thanks

I've got it knocked out with a punch but it's no good if I can't buy a replacement. I was thinking of just ordering a used carb but can't find just one on ebay seems everyone just wants to sell a pair. I might just have to have an extra laying around.

On the way in the morning. Sent two! I put them in with a dab of clear finger mail polish. They are on a taper, but very small. Takes a very small deep socket 3/16" if I remember correctly? Just a little tap since you already have the hole.
I just sent it to Tim D @ address supplied since you didn't give last name. I get lots of junk mail with no name so you should get it.

Dan in TN

Back