Logo

No fire to the spark plugs.

tmac5

Put the 1983 Johnson outboard in the water Sunday. Started right up but put it in reverse and no gas. Moved to forward and no acceleration. Pulled the shroud and manually push down on the carburetor linkage to give it gas. After several hours fishing using the trolling motor the engine would not fire. Got it out of the water and back home to find out I had no fire to the spark plugs. With my meter started trouble shooting and seem to have 12v through all wiring. Where to start? Help Please

Ayuh,.... You've got a johnson outboard problem,....

Not a boat wirin' problem,....

Take yer question to the johnson outboard forum,....

Put the 1983 Johnson outboard in the water Sunday. Started right up but put it in reverse and no gas. Moved to forward and no acceleration. Pulled the shroud and manually push down on the carburetor linkage to give it gas. After several hours fishing using the trolling motor the engine would not fire. Got it out of the water and back home to find out I had no fire to the spark plugs. With my meter started trouble shooting and seem to have 12v through all wiring. Where to start? Help Please
This a 35hp j35ects

This a 35hp j35ects
When my 35hp Johnson is running I put it in forward and give it gas. It takes off but it goes only a few feet when there is a bump. It is as if I hit a log or something. It doesn't do it every time but more times than not. Is it the gear?

Back