Logo

2012 Mercury 15 4 stroke power loss

Cm2018

Okay so I need some professional advice I have had my 2012 Merc 15 fourstroke for three years now I have it on a Carolina skiff j12 about a year ago it started to struggle to get on plane and feels like it’s just bogging at full throttle no weight has been added to the boat I have thoroughly cleaned the carb checked the entire fuel system for leaks bad connections fuel pump fuel filter and gone through the gas tank also checked throttle linkage made sure carbs opening up all the way anyone have any ideas the motor starts first pull idles and runs flawless but when I give it full throttle it wont go faster than 10mph? I clocked it in at 30mph when I first got it???

Ayuh,..... Sounds like a fuel restriction, but maybe a full blown Tune-up might reveal the problem,......

Thanks for the reply I just cleaned the carb,gas tank did lower unit oil change,top end oil change and checked fuel tank for blockage and venting I did notice while the motor was running I pulled a spark plug wire one at a time and the motor died so I ordered a new coil hopefully that solves it

I've been experiencing same problem on my outboard and was wondering if you found the problem. Thanks
I finally took it in to a mercury dealer everything was checked and was in perfect shape they swore the carb needed to be replaced so I paid them $500 for a new carb and install hoping it would solve my problem..problem was not fixed still bogging down at full throttle on a 12’ boat...I honestly think after being a mercury fan for years that mercury outboards are just plain junk always had problems with the 4 strokes and they have horrible customer service I personally think everyone needs to go back to basics and power with 2 strokes my experience with my mercury has been a nightmare

Back