Logo

Evinrude 48hp bogging and miss fire issues

That looks like what happens when S.L.O.W mode in. What RPM is it happening at? What is the model # of your motor? Does the CDI box have an SL on it.

Honestly I have no clue what rpm it’s happening at. And idk what you mean by model #. And if you don’t mind me asking how can I check the model #, and wether or not it has SL on the CDI box.

The model # of the motor should be on the side of the transom bracket. The CDI box may be mounted on the side of the motor it will have a cd2 printed on the side of it. Black box with wires coming out of it.

OK you need to go to www.cdielectronics.com find their troubleshooting guide for your ignition. You have the UFI ignition system that means you power-pak is under the flywheel. That ignition system can be troublesome and cause the problems you are having. Your motor is a 1990 model.

OK you need to go to www.cdielectronics.com find their troubleshooting guide for your ignition. You have the UFI ignition system that means you power-pak is under the flywheel. That ignition system can be troublesome and cause the problems you are having. Your motor is a 1990 model.
well I looked up there guide at its kinda complicated and I don’t have any good boat shops that will work on it i love in Sumter SC and the a some seriously bad shops near me so there not an option and the good ones don’t work on evinrudes so idk what I’m going to do.

Answer the questions.-----Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" on both leads , yes or no.----When was water pump serviced ?----What is the compression test results ?

Back