Logo

ACR relay for Honda bf225

Mheltun

Regular Contributor
Hello everyone , I’m adding a Blue seas ACR relay on my vessel. Off of the ACR I need to run a wire to Start wire on my ignition switch for battery isolation on startup. I’ve gone thru my manual but have some confusion over which wire off of the ignition switch is the “start” wire. Any help is appreciated .

thanks,
Mark

I think I found which wire to use. 066DCF8B-E624-4E96-8334-BF873BDABAF8.jpg
according to the manual the start wire off of the ignition switch is the Black/red wire. I’m installing a Blue Seas ACR battery isolation system and by hooking up this wire it isolated the house battery while starting the engine, eliminating all shunting of the electronics on startup.

I am not sure where you got that diagram, but it is not correct. The red black lead is the stop lead. When the key switch is turned off, it is shorted to ground.

Here is a different look at it.

If you are in doubt, use a test light to see which of the two leads has positive 12 v on it when the key switch is turned to start.

Mike

Attachments

• KEYSWITCH225.jpg
    KEYSWITCH225.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 33
That diagram was out of my shop manual. Well...that’s stinks ....I’ll take a look with a test light this week sometime and make sure. I have plenty of heat shrink crimps on hand so it’s an easy change.

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Back