Logo

Outboard killswitch

itsanss

In the process of converting my tiller 25HP Johnson to remote controls. I'm wanting to mount a killswitch on the dash and I'm wanting a killswitch that is push-button but also with a lanyard. Is there such a thing?

Thanks!

Yes get a push to choke ignition switch and just wire the lanyard in series with the kill circuit. The ignition switch will have two M terminals wire the lanyard to those two terminals. Always disconnect the battery when your messing with the wiring if you accidentally short the kill wire to battery pos it will cook the powerpack. Even for a split second.

The 11681 is just what I was looking for....push-button capability also with lanyard emergency capability. Ordered it this morning! Thanks!

Kim, your signature is misleading....it doesn't take just one nickel to go first class....it takes quite a few. ;) Thanks again for all your help with these projects I'm undertaking!

a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into. Its easy to spend a couple hundred at the sport store and walk out the door with a small paper sack:)

Back