Logo

engine stalls

Tim Connolly

Engine stalls om my Regal 3360 5.7 volvo penta Every time the i get boat to 3800 RPM or above I lose the starboard engine.. It Runs fine up to that point!!! any ideas???

Find your engine model and look up the electrical system. Look for a low oil pressure switch that will cut power to the fuel pump if oil pressure was to drop below X PSI.
Such a switch may be faulty.

By chance has someone in the past installed a Rev Limiter?

Use the tried and proven P of E.... ( process of elimination )
Check/replace one item ONLY at a time.

Ayuh,..... In yer other thread, the motor stutters,....

In this thread it Stalls,.....

Which is it,..??

Ayuh,..... In yer other thread, the motor stutters,....

In this thread it Stalls,.....

Which is it,..??

Bill, is this from a court scene whereby the Judge asks the defendant this question? LOL

I had to laugh when I read that...... but your question is completely valid! I would also like to know!

Hello Rick, don’t know if this is the right way to ask a question......
i have 2001 volvo penta 3.4 GL A.
I have problems not getting fuel to the carb. Replaced fuel pump last year, new fuel filter and cleaned carburator.
if i put in gas directly the engine will start.
checked all fuel lines and the are open. And yes..... 75 liters in tank ( just in case you should ask ��)
i have power on relais next to the fuel pump, but the pump is not responding.
i read somewhere, and you mentioned it above... that a faulty oilpressure sensor can cause the problem, if nort sufficient oil pressure the fuel pump will get no “signal”. Sounds very logic as a built in safety measure.
were is the oil pressure sensor located so I can check.
i also read the pump is fused, is this the read button next to it? And how to check if it is blown or not?
i am getting desperate by now so i realy hope you can take me to the next step,
thanx John

Back