Logo

Tank pickup fitting Bertram

Stevee d

I'm trying to replace th 2 way valve connector pickup on my BERTRAM 26', but i cannot find the piece. Any idea from the photo?

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 85
I'm trying to replace th 2 way valve connector pickup on my BERTRAM 26', but i cannot find the piece. Any idea from the photo?

Ayuh,.... 2 way valve,..??..??

The 1 with the wing-handle is 2 way,..... Open, 'n closed,......

What, Exactly is the problem yer tryin' to fix,..??

If it's a lack of fuel flow,.... It's because the tank is junk,.....

I cut 1 out last year, due to delamination, 'n the bits of fiberglass constantly cloggin' the fuel system,....
Ethanol Rot,.....

Thanks Bondo....I don’t know how to call it but I ‘m trying to find and replace that hexagon shaped pickup Where the valves connect to. I can’t find one that holds 2 valves and is 2” wide. I have only seen single pickups.

Thanks Bondo....I don’t know how to call it but I ‘m trying to find and replace that hexagon shaped pickup Where the valves connect to. I can’t find one that holds 2 valves and is 2” wide. I have only seen single pickups.

Ayuh,..... I found that to be the worst designed diptube I've ever seen,.....

It's full diameter all the way to the bottom of the tank,.....
Both motors suckin' from the same Huge diptube,......
A really pizz poor design,...

Probably a Bertrum proprietary piece,...

I don't remember how badly it got beat up durin' it's removal, I tossed it into my brass scrap bucket,.....

I drew plans to get a custom metal tank built, but the owner is draggin' his feet on it, usin' a couple of 12 gallon portable tanks, layin' inside what's left of the delaminated ole tank,.....

If the diptube is the Only problem with yer tank,.....
I'd probably glass/ epoxy it closed, 'n put in a pair of stand-alone diptubes,.....

Last edited:
Back