Logo

How to detect if Vapor Assembly & fuel rail was updated on a 2003 Honda 130

occh

Contributing Member
Can anyone tell me how to know if this was in fact updated on this engine. I can’t get a Honda mechanic out to the boat to visibly check. Can someone tell me what to look for? Serial # BZBE-1400211

thank you

If the HP fuel pump & HP fuel filter are concealed within the VST, then you have the updated VST. If they are externally mounted on the VST then you have the pre-updated VST.

Bob

If the HP fuel pump & HP fuel filter are concealed within the VST, then you have the updated VST. If they are externally mounted on the VST then you have the pre-updated VST.

Bob

What does that mean to me if it’s pre. Problems???..

Here is a pic of the pre-updated VSTEarly VST.jpg

I believe because the HP fuel pump is positioned horizontally they were known to seize due to debris.
The external fuel filter has the chance of rusting through.

Bob

Buy a manual they show it in there too.

Hey Tegweni, Not sure if your the original owner or if yours has an hour meter or not but I do not know the hours of this engine I may buy , were you able to get the engine hours via diagnostic. Honda dealer said that he is not sure if he will be able to get it from this engine. I think the6 are pretty low but I would like to know exactly if I could

The bloke i bought the motor from told me its 2001 model upon further investigation i found thats it not 2001 ,for example the 1978 t0 2001 models never came out with an hour meter nor does the electrical diagram list anything about an hour meter.further more another indication was the fuel system as already discussed on the form the manual confirms it,however mine came with an hour meter as the wiring harness is there for tach , trim ,and hour meter . now the hour meter has got a fraction to the left of it its on 1/10 to the right of it there are no figures . i have not yet done further investigation on this just yet.i will find out if its working or not and fix it.but the motor is mint now.:)

Back