Logo

How do i identify the year model of a 90 hp mariner with serial number 0d080036

Help Welcome! with Belgium-made 90 HP Mariner outboard which I would like to know the year. Serial number is 9603063. I would to find a compatible console/shifter unit to connect to the motor as it does not have one.

Haventaclue:
THANK YOU! I was not getting a response from a local dealer. Would the following control be the right match for the motor?: Mercury Marine Side Mount Remote Control Box 881170A13. Your time and attention to my inquiry is greatly appreciated.
Cheers, StuartislandBob

You'll need to count the pins on the engine harness,I believe there are eight and this has 14,so adapter harness required.Commander 2000 would have been the correct one in 1990,I am open to correction here,Mercury Marine Side Mount Remote Control Box 881170A15 which has eight pins

Excellent details and I will count the pins on the engine harness tomorrow when I get to where the engine is. Thank you for referencing as specific remote control box number & I will search for that once I confirm the pin count. You knowledge of the marine engine, Serial number is 9603063, is most appreciated.

Finally was able to check the harness plug and it is an 8-pin connection. So I will go with the Commander 2000 console. Thanks for the guidance and advice.

Back