Logo

OMC 1972 4.3 120 hp- Throttle/Carb Questions

gharvey

I have now gotten my old Seaswirl back with forward and reverse working again. Now I would like to understand the carb and the linkage. I have read the manual about mixing adjustment, I don't have a vacum gauge, I could get one but I don't see a port to attach it too anyway. So that is the first thing.

Furthermore I am missing the idle stop screw which can't be ordered anymore so I am going to go to a shop in town and see if they have one. Maybe a junk yard that might have the Rochester 2bbl carb on an old car. So I am looking for that today.

So that sets the idle but that has to be done with the cable off, correct. Now comes the next part. The cable has a long black piece that attaches to the linkage. There is a round knob that looks like it can be adjusted, although I cannot get this one to move. What is this for and how do I adjust it. I have found no information on that.

Ayuh,..... The cable is adjusted so that the cable puts a slight tension on the linkage against the idle screw, so that the carb always returns to idle, 'n the idle screw actually works as the idle stop screw,.....

Back