Logo

Getting Alarm BEEP BEEP BEEP

Breze

I have a 1998 200 EFI that idles good but when I go to put power to it, it sounds alarm. I've replaced impeller, and oil cap on reservoir, and still am getting alarm, power drops to almost none. I was told it could be a battery issue too. Battery shows to be good. any ideas?

Last edited:
1.Check the oil cap and float assembly on the oil reservoir on the front top of motor. That Float can become oil logged over time and not float up to close the warning buzzer circuit in the oil cap. Marine Engine has replmt parts for the just the float or the Cap assembly.

2.The Warning buzzer can also go off on a engine high heat signal from the engine water temp sensor. The Temp Sensor can be tested with a continuity check. No continuity its bad. Its located at the rear of the motor on the port side under the #2 Cylinder.

3. If not #1 or #2, the warning module on the motor may be bad, its located at the top of the motor behind the flywheel stator cover. (about a 2" by 4" black box). You can probably test that Circuit at the Purple Wire Buss bar next to the starter solenoid. There are 3 Purple wires attached there ..one to the ECU, 2nd to the Water Detection Module under the ECU, and the 3rd one that goes up to the top of the motor over to the engine warning module.

Note: If you also have a warning light that turns on with the Warning buzzer. If the Buzzer is going off, and there is no warning light. You could have a Warning Buzzer Relay that is bad. This relay is attached to the buzzer under the dash usually, and receives is power through an Assessory wire (Usually Purple Wire at the "I" Ign Tab)at the Key Swtch. If the light isn't going off when this buzzer is buzzing, you can replace that Buzzer relay, or just disconnect the buzzer, and rely on the warning light for a low oil or high temp condition.

Hope that helps,

Denny0416

Back