Logo

03 BF225 Questions

AK1 anodes 002.jpgAK1 anodes 001.jpgHi all, see additional anodes on AK1 V6 engines as well as all BF250s. First pic shows two anodes in the water jacket accessible only by removing the power head. Honda recommends these be changed every 600 hrs or 6 years, I did a couple of motors at 5 years and there was nothing left of them, so go figure. Second pic shows anode in the side of the block , accessible once the exhaust manifolds are off, there are three of these each side of the block. If you look at the "cylinder block" schematic for AK1 V6 engines on boats.net, items 4,5&6 you will find all the relevant part numbers. I believe Honda have done this to try and fix the issues around internal corrosion behind the fuel pump and other areas.

Attachments

• AK1 anodes 003.jpg
    AK1 anodes 003.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for posting that. I had no idea those darned things were in there. As you said - crappy design.

I'm guessing about $2000 in parts and labor to change them out. That is seriously ridiculous.

Hopefully you don't mind, but I've copied your response and pictures into a WORD document so I can share with others if needed.

Back