Logo

1999 75hp boggs on low end

KP161

My 1999 75hp motor seams like one cyclinder is not operating correctly at throttle up. Rpm is down about 500rpm's and it runs this way for awhile then all of a sudden it cleans out and revs to red line like it should. Have had it looked at but two repair shops. First said the carbs needed cleaning, no improvement, second found primer line cracked, that helped with starting but not rpm issue. I is doing it after it warms up also now. I'm the original owner of the boat, and I use non ethenal fuel only, any ideas

A timing light would not show a steady flash on a coil that is intermittent.-----May help you identify a coil that is not functioning properly.----If it is a fuel problem say a blocked / partially blocked carburetor you risk serious damage to the engine !

A timing light would not show a steady flash on a coil that is intermittent.-----May help you identify a coil that is not functioning properly.----If it is a fuel problem say a blocked / partially blocked carburetor you risk serious damage to the engine !

I'll try the timing light, had carbs checked twice last year with both Mercury dealers saying the carbs were ok.

Back