Logo

Merc Enrichment Solenoid - 75HP 2Stroke

Bluwavguy

I need to replace this part and was wondering if all merc enrichment solenoids are the same. Cost varies from the original 75HP part number search to different part numbers listed for larger HP engines.
Maybe not worth the chance to save $30 to $40 dollars but if all are the same then that would be good to know.

Have not made a test vs a maintenance replacement since its an original 1993 part. Just replaced throttle control and shift cable (last year replaced: stator, trigger, switch box). I currently enrich manually using the button on the valve after priming fuel bulb.
Engine runs fine once started. My main question was related to equivalent replacements and if all merc enrichment solenoid/valves are the same. Cost wise they are not. Thank you,

With the engine running what happens when you push the key in ?-----If motor slows down then enricher is working properly !

Racerone, thank you for the tip and apparently it’s still functional as RPMs dropped on activation. Appreciate the support.
Regards, Bluwavguy.

Racerone, apparently I’m still having issue with using the electric key press vs the manual PB on the solenoid.
I’ll need a second person to help me test the electrical side but I believe its best to replace the unit which goes back to my original question on merc enrichment solenoids. Are they basically all the same? Thanks.

Back