Logo

1999 Evinrude 70H.P. 4 stroke miss above 3500 rpm.

loopcharged

I have a 1999 Evinrude 4stroke model E70PL4EE that's developed a weird miss above 3500 rpm. ; it acts like it's hitting the rev limiters and won't run
any faster. I have unhooked the tach at the tach plug-in but tat doesn't help. Has anyone out there run into a similar problem?

Why would you unhook the tachometer ?----See if the nuetral switch on the motor is stuck.----If it is the motor will not rev past that if ECU gets a neutral signal.

Why would you unhook the tachometer ?----See if the nuetral switch on the motor is stuck.----If it is the motor will not rev past that if ECU gets a neutral signal.

I am a retired master tech (2nd one to graduate from omc Atlanta training center) you would be surprised on the number of engines I have an into
that go into S.L.O.W because he tach is sending a false over rev signal. Unhook the gray wire (tach sending wire from the voltage reg. rectifier) on units
that go into SLOW mode. I'm running into 2 to 3 a year on 2 strokes.

I have a 1999 Evinrude 4stroke model E70PL4EE that's developed a weird miss above 3500 rpm. ; it acts like it's hitting the rev limiters and won't run
any faster. I have unhooked the tach at the tach plug-in but tat doesn't help. Has anyone out there run into a similar problem?

YES! I have the same problem with the same model outboard. How did you resolve the issue? thank you!

Back